Ground plane kits allow you to quickly assemble a fully functional ground plane that allows easy removal of the lamps when they need to be replaced.
An often overlooked element in lighting hoods, ground planes are an important part of fluorescent lamp fixture construction. Systems without ground planes can exhibit erratic lamp starting due to the excessively high voltage that is now required. A good ground plane will help avoid premature failure of lamps and ballasts due to improper fixture design. Systems that are set up for dimming also benefit from ground planes in that the performance is significantly smoothed.
- Improved reliability in starting of lamps.
- Improved dimming performance.
- A more uniform lamp output over length of tube.
- Reduced starting voltages - less wear and tear on lamps and ballast.
Ground Plane Kit includes:
- One roll of tape that is 10 yards long by 2" wide. This allows for the installation of a ground plane on up to eight 4 ft lamps.
- Four clip, each has an 6 ft reach between the lamps and the nearest ground. The clip supports two lamps that are within 6" of each other.